- Business & Corporate
- Health Care
- Regulated Substances
- Tribal Nations Practice Group
Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 2001
Bowdoin College, B.A., cum laude, 1996
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Hampshire
- American Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Maine Bar Association subcommittee overseeing the revision of Maine’s revised Limited Liability Company ActCo-Chair, Effective Date July 1, 2011
- Friends of Portland Public LibraryDirector and Secretary (2009-2016)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern MaineMember (2002-2012)
Aaron Pratt is a shareholder at Drummond Woodsum and is a member of the firm’s Business Services Group. He represents businesses, health care organizations, investment funds, investors and Native American Nations in a wide range of corporate, partnership and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities matters, private placements, venture capital financings (representing both investors and targets), investment fund structure, medical and adult use marijuana regulatory matters, health care compliance and Tribal economic development matters.
Recent representations include:
- A U.S. company in connection with its acquisition of a Canadian manufacturing company;
- A tribal nation in its $300 Million taxable and tax exempt casino financing;
- A hospital in connection with its merger with a large healthcare network;
- Tribal nation in connection with the negotiation of its acquisition of significant and culturally important real property from a timber company;
- An information technology company located in Maine in connection with the sale of such company to a publicly traded British company;
- An investment fund in connection with its purchase of a manufacturing company;
- A tribal nation in connection with its acquisition of two operating hotels;
- Multiple cannabis companies in connection with their corporate structure and capital raising activities; and
- A tribal nation in connection with the sale of California Air Resources Board Carbon Offset Credits to a multi-national company.
In addition, Aaron serves as general counsel to an investment fund, a telecommunications company, multiple information technology companies, a national tribally-owned construction company and a winery.
Aaron is listed in the 2019 Edition of Best Lawyers in America in the categories of Corporate and Venture Capital Law. He is also ranked by Chambers USA, the independent guide to the country’s top attorneys, in the category of Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions, and has been named a Rising Star by New England Super Lawyers.
Aaron is a graduate of Wake Forest University School of Law and Bowdoin College.
- Best Lawyers USA, Corporate Law (2013-2019 and Venture Capital ( 2012-2019)
- Chambers USA, Maine, Corporate/M & A
- New England Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business & Corporate, Native American Law 2008-2010, 2013-2014