The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is reopening the comment period to the interim final rule that was published on Oct. 31, 2019, and established the U.S. Domestic Hemp Production Program. The reopening will provide an additional 30 days for interested persons to comment on the regulations. Comments must be received by October 8, 2020.
The Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) indicated that their staff would be particularly interested in reviewing comments on the following topics:
- Measurement of Uncertainty for Sampling
- Liquid Chromatography Factor, 0.877
- Disposal and Remediation of Non-Compliant Plants
- Interstate Commerce
- 15-day Harvest Window
- Hemp seedlings, microgreens, and clones
- Hemp breeding and research
- Sampling Methodology – Flower vs. Whole Plant
- Sampling Methodology – Homogenous Composition, Frequency, and Volume
- Sampling Agents
- DEA Laboratory Registration
Written comments should be submitted via the Federal eRulemaking portal at www.regulations.gov. Comments may also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by postal mail to USDA/AMS/Specialty Crops Program Hemp Branch, 470 L’Enfant Plaza SW, PO Box 23192, Washington DC 20026.
More information about the provisions of the interim final rule is available on AMS’s Hemp Production webpage.